DIGITAL SIGNAGE FAIL: WHAT IS YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD?
Thanks to everyone who has sent us Digital Signage Fails in the past year. We have received positive feedback from our users and they love this section of the website. Today’s digital signage fail was sent to us by Ahmad who was travelling for a meeting/training on digital signage in Korea and spotted this fail and immediately thought about us. It appears the retail store is not displaying content from their digital signage software and is stuck at the login prompt asking for the username and password. Opps!
- The screen is displaying the Windows Login Prompt, asking for the username and password
- Requires someone to enter the password but the store looks like it closed
- There are several ways to disable the login prompt (note disabling this Windows Security is not recommended if the digital signage player has confidential or critical documents)
1. Don’t create multiple usernames in Windows. We generally just enable the administrator account and delete all other accounts. Then for the administrator account, leave the password blank and this will automatically logon without prompting for any usernames and passwords
2. Follow these steps from Microsoft Technet: Configure a User Account to Log On Automatically on Windows 7
3. Your digital signage software may have the option to enter the username and password so that it can automatically login at startup
4. Use a tool called Autologon for Windows
If you have seen or would like to share a FAIL photo with the rest of the digital signage community please send it to info @ digitalsignageblog.com
Please also include the FAIL FEATURES and SUGGESTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS
NOTE: We will not be naming any companies/businesses or the location of where the photo’s were taken but we just want to highlight what went wrong, possible ways to remedy the problem and how to possibly avoid the same issue.[/sm_smlts_infobox]
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
- Advertise Me
We provide custom digital advertising solutions. We supply display screens, Video Walls, Touchscreens, Wayfinding, WordPress Plugins, create custom applications and basically implement any technology that is innovative.
- Social Wall
Social Wall is a simple and easy to use tool to aggregate and display social media posts on any digital medium
- Digital Wayfinding Solutions
Digital Wayfinding Solutions provides custom made digital wayfinding hardware and software
Limit to 5 sponsors.