DIGITAL SIGNAGE FAIL: WINDOWS UPDATES?
We came across this whilst walking in a shopping centre.
Guess what OS (Operating System) they are using? Yep, it looks like Windows 10 – I’ve seen that same message so many times on my laptop.
- Popup message in the middle of the content
- The message “Can’t install updates We weren’t able to install updates” with a button More Info
- Clicking on the More info button will display more information about the issue. You can then need to close this Window
- Restarting the unit will most likely not fix the issue. It requires a technician to see why the Windows updates could not be installed. It could potentially be related to a permission issue or a disk space
- Disable Windows updates or have the option to download the updates but not install them
- Replace the OS with Android, Chrome OS or Linux
If you have seen or would like to share a FAIL photo with the rest of the digital signage community please send it to info @ digitalsignageblog.com
Please also include the FAIL FEATURES and SUGGESTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS
NOTE: We will not be naming any companies/businesses or the location of where the photo’s were taken but we just want to highlight what went wrong, possible ways to remedy the problem and how to possibly avoid the same issue.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
- Advertise Me
We provide custom digital advertising solutions. We supply display screens, Video Walls, Touchscreens, Wayfinding, WordPress Plugins, create custom applications and basically implement any technology that is innovative.
- Social Wall
Social Wall is a simple and easy to use tool to aggregate and display social media posts on any digital medium
- Digital Wayfinding Solutions
Digital Wayfinding Solutions provides custom made digital wayfinding hardware and software
Limit to 5 sponsors.