How to enable the Blackberry Media Transfer Protocol
Today I had a breakthrough with trying to get my blackberry to connect to any computer and use it as a storage device. My dilemma was that I could not connect my blackberry to any PC for transferring files to/from unless I installed the Blackberry Software + the Media Manager.
See where I’m coming from… wouldn’t it be just great to connect the Blackberry to any PC using the USB cable and just transfer the files? We’ll after a bit of researching I found out the solution. It seems like many of the Blackberry users had this problem.
Here’s the step by step instructions on how to get this working:
On the Blackberry
1. Go to Option
2. Go to Memory
3. Make sure you have the following (this is what I have set up on mine):
Media Card Support: On
Media Transfer Protocol: On
Mass Storage Mode Support: On
Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when connected: Prompt
Save these setting.
Now you will need to download some software which I found from pinstack.com (registration is required)
1. Open the file using winrar
2. Extract the files to your computer
3. Execute the file called BB storage Activation new.bat
4. A DOS window will come up and it will start Connecting to the Blackberry to upload an image to the rom. Let this run until you see the pause prompt and it will ask you to press any key. Close this window by pressing the x on the top right hand corner. Pressing any butting will cause the application to upload the image again.
Make sure you wait for the blackberry to completely boot.
Once its done connect the blackberry to the computer and you it will start installing drivers and if you open up windows explorer you will see a drive for the blackberry.
Done. Wish I knew about this earlier… it’s been almost a year since I had the unit!!!!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
Limit to 5 sponsors.