3G modem providers that allow inbound connections for Digital Signage
Have you been in this situation:
1. You’ve installed a digital signage player and want to remotely manage the unit
2. You don’t want to install a telephone or ADSL line because the costs are too high
3. You only need the Internet connection for a short perid of time i.e. 1-2 months
4. You don’t care about the speeds and bandwidth
5. You need the player to connect to the Internet
After months of researching I have found the solution in Australia….. (drum roll) Virgin 3G prepaid modem – YES can you believe it Virgin!!! is the only provider that allows Internet inbound connections. Most other providers only allow you to do this if you’re on a contract (post pay). There are several items or checklists to consider before purchasing any 3G modem and these are:
1. Is your digital signage hardware compatible and be able to support the 3G modem?
2. Is there coverage in the location where you intend to use the 3G modem?
3. Does your player have the ability to automatically connect to the Internet in the event of coverage dropouts? If not, we would recommend you use a 3G Modem router that has the ability to automatically connect to the Internet.
The APN information that you will need to use is Virgin.Internet
Good luck and let us know if you find any other prepaid providers that uses a Public IP Address and allows inbound connections from the Internet.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
Limit to 5 sponsors.