Hungry for a Digital Menu Board
Take away stores are fast adopting the use of digital menu boards rather than static poster or light boxes. The advantages of moving to digital is quite obvious but let me summarise them again:
- You can quickly and easily update prices on a digital board rather than spending more money to print the posters
- Use animation to grab attention. A video clip of the food is more enticing than a static image.
- Schedule the food menu based on the time of the day. E.g. Breakfast for the morning, lunchtime for the afternoon and dinner for the evening.
- Easily manage and update the content yourself rather than relying on a designer. Once you have the template designed, all you need to do is just update the content. The process of changing the content has now become so much easier.
- It’s now more affordable!!!!
Now this week, we assisted a Pizza Take away store with the implementation of a digital signage solution.3 screens were installed behind the front counter and 1 near the front. The front screen is used for specials whereas the 3 behind the counter is used to display the menu. The solution is simple but most importantly affordable – this was the main criteria for the business owner.
Below are a few pictures of the implementation:
Digital menu boards can be implemented with the most simplest solution e.g. using a Screen with a built in player or for a large retail chain it can be a network of digital signage players with Content Management Servers.
It’s only a matter of time before we will see all menu boards going digital. So if you’re interested in a digital menu board have a look at this special package.