Idea – Integrating digital signage and skype
I recently thought of an idea (it’s probably out there already) to integrate digital signage and Skype (I’m sure you know what this is…. if not this is basically a computer application which allows you to make voice or video calls over the Internet).
After all digital signage is a communication tool and what better way to communicate with each other by using Skype. Here’s an example of what needs to be done and can be achieved:
1. Install a digital touch screen at a booth (maybe at a busy shopping centre)
2. Install the Advertise Me digital signage solution
3. Design the relevant templates and content
4. Install a web cam and connect this to your digital signage solution
5. Install the skype application
6. Install an internet connection
7. Develop the digital signage application which lists companies customer call centres
How to use it?
8. You look for Advertise Me (for example) in the directory list because you want to speak to a sales representative about a product you are about to purchase
9. You touch the “call Advertise Me” button and the system starts establishing a skype session to Advertise Me
10. A representative at Advertise Me receives the call and you have a video conference and start chatting away about the products. The Advertise Me representative may even show you how the product can be used etc and directs you to the nearest retail store.
11. Once you end the session, the digital signage application plays relevant content (product info, sales, discounts) from company you just dialed. Or this can also be displayed during the video call.
12. After a certain idle period of time, the digital signage application defaults back to a playlist displaying ads etc.
So there you go, that’s an idea I just came up with. Maybe if we have time we can actually make this happen, or if you want it straight away we can make this happen for you.Obviously we’ll need to get permission from Skype but I’m sure they too would want this to happen as well.
What do you think about this idea?
Feel free to submit your answer as a comment.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
Limit to 5 sponsors.