Digital Signage and Google Chrome OS
Today’s great news is that Google is planning to release it’s own OS called Google
Chrome OS and will compete against the almighty Microsoft Enterprise. We believe this is great news for the digital signage community because of the following reasons:
1. It’s Open Source and will be free. Moving towards an open source OS, will provide a significant savings to you and your clients.
2. According to Google, the Chrome O.S is fast and efficient. This is perfect for digital signage.
3. It’s lightweight – you will be able to install this on a netbook and run your digital signage application.
4. Its secure – like the Google Chrome browser, Google has designed the security architecture of the OS so that users don’t have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates. This means spending less time patching!!!
5. Designed for the web – since most companies are now moving towards SaaS then this is a perfect match.
We look forward to testing various digital signage software on the Google Chrome and we can’t wait to get our hands dirty.
And a final note: Thanks google for making our life easier and cheaper for everyone!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
Limit to 5 sponsors.