LED Boards are now becoming more popular for indoor use. Traditionally you would see these LED boards as billboards in outdoor areas however due to the price and pixel size, it is now common to also use these indoors. We have mentioned in the past that Westfields are using these LED boards indoor in their shopping centres, have a look at these two images: Pitt Street Mall Westfield and Parramatta Westfield.
Today’s Digital signage fail is one from a retail store in a shopping centre that had half of the LED board not working.
- It appears one side of the screen is not working at all. The way I understand LED boards are connected in series so that if one of the boards fails then this breaks the chain and will cause part of the screen to fail
- The other side of the screen was just displaying blue
- Restarting the unit will most likely not fix the issue. The fix simply requires a technician to replace the failed component
- Monitoring your LED board is a critical component of your overall digital signage solution. Many businesses fail to realise that they are potentially losing business if the digital screens are failing
- Help the environment – if the LED board has failed then we suggest you turn it off to save electricity. It also doesn’t look very professional if you have half a board working
If you have seen or would like to share a FAIL photo with the rest of the digital signage community please send it to info @ digitalsignageblog.com
Please also include the FAIL FEATURES and SUGGESTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS
NOTE: We will not be naming any companies/businesses or the location of where the photo’s were taken but we just want to highlight what went wrong, possible ways to remedy the problem and how to possibly avoid the same issue.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?When you subscribe you will also join other Digital Signage readers who receive our content right in their mailbox. Good luck!
- Advertise Me
We provide custom digital advertising solutions. We supply display screens, Video Walls, Touchscreens, Wayfinding, WordPress Plugins, create custom applications and basically implement any technology that is innovative.
- Social Wall
Social Wall is a simple and easy to use tool to aggregate and display social media posts on any digital medium
- Digital Wayfinding Solutions
Digital Wayfinding Solutions provides custom made digital wayfinding hardware and software
Limit to 5 sponsors.